Thursday, April 28, 2011

You have collected my tears in Your bottle...

Thinking about him alot tonight. So much that I can't sleep. Just looking out the window wishing to hear his big diesel truck pull into the driveway again and watch the boy's excitement as they realized their Dad was home. Each one of them would recognize the sound as he was coming up the street and would race outside to meet him. I miss him. They miss him. I don't even know what to call him? It doesn't sound right to call him George because i never did. I called him Babe or Honey. I still have his cell phone number in my phone under Honey. Sometimes I think about even calling it. Obviously i know he won't answer but I miss calling him. I miss our 3 or 4 little conversations a day or him just saying; hey beautiful, i love you. Things you never really think about. So Im thinking tonight about how God takes into account our wanderings and puts our tears- mine and yours- in a bottle and how they are all in His book. There's something really beautiful about that to me... I feel like tonight im wandering. Wandering through more memories of a life that should be joyful but they're not joyful. New memories stir up the sorrow like Im back at the beginning again. It's gut wrenchingly painful and sad and the sorrow always awakens some anger and it's just... grieving. But God, my Father, the Lover of my soul, keeps track of every one of these times that I go through this. He is so near and concerned and so intimately acquainted with this part of me that He takes each one of my tears and puts them in His bottle AND every ache of my heart is recorded in his book.
Did you know that? Did you know that God cares about every tear you shed? That He see's every tear? Knows every heart ache? Hears every word- even the ones you can't speak? That He's right here with us in our wanderings, our wrestlings, our dark moments in the middle of the night. He knows all about it. There's just something really intimate and beautiful about that to me. He's really that near to touch the tears on my face... I'll love Him forever for that, for His faithfulness and His gentle love for us. It's such a beautiful gift to know Him this way.
psalm 56:8
You've kept track of my every toss and turn
through the sleepless nights,
Each tear entered in your ledger,
each ache written in your book.
another translation
You keep track of all my sorrows.
You have collected all my tears in your bottle.
You have recorded each one in your book.

4 comments:

  1. Hello , It is so nice to see your post this day when I awake .... GOD is holding you up during your greiving process .... Wandering is ok .... So is wanting to call your husbands cell phone .... As you have mentioned , he was a good husband and a good father , there is absolutely nothing wrong with missing "good"
    .... GODS plan of eternal salvation assures us that we will be with him someday and so for that matter you will be with your husband too ....Someday that is , so for now I will continue to seriously pray for joy to be with you again ....If you would like some peace and good reading on occasion you can come over to visit me ....Have a great day !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you for your heart felt words. I love that God holds onto our tears but forgets every sin that we ask forgiveness for. What a wonderful, loving father we have that he remembers every hurt we have and forgets all the pains we have caused Him in our sin! Lord help me to be more like Him in my parenting and encouraging to my children and husband. You help me do that lovely sister. Love and many hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its been awhile since your post I am praying God is some how mending the broken and shattered pieces in what ever way only He can do that. YOur faith amazes me your trust astounds me. I am going to pray extra hard tonight. THinking of you tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been thinking of you lately! How are you sweet friend. Bless you, Love you lots, Alida w5

    ReplyDelete