Thursday, May 6, 2010

Im tired tonight. This has been a looong week of being out of the house early and for most of the day. Im spent. I (unfortunately) am not looking forward to mothers day this weekend and honestly id like to take my guys and run away for the weekend but i have no idea where to go. I was reading the bible to them tonight and Ben leaned over and whispered in my ear that he wished he could die so he could be with and talk to his dad. I just love that boy! (I love them all ofcourse) So i said to Ben that if he showed up anytime soon in heaven Dad would be pretty upset and probably ask Jesus to send him back until he has had a long life with his years full of good things! Then i said to them- you know, if Dad could talk to us right now he would first tell us he loves us, then he would tell us not to be sad but to live and enjoy our life and trust God to keep taking care of us- that He is faithful. I love how my mother in law said it to me the other day. She said something to the effect of; it's just hard to get use to him living somewhere else now and not being with us anymore. I LOVE that because he IS still alive. The scripture says believers dont die. Our spirit- the real us- just passes right over to our real home. So technically he's just moved. Isnt that the truth?

1 comment:

  1. Yes, it is the truth, and it's the only thing that gives me hope. I hope you and your boys have a good day together on Sunday. Do something YOU want to do with them. :)

    ReplyDelete