Saturday, May 29, 2010

John 14:1 Let not your heart be troubled, believe in God; believe also in Me.
I have been really overwhelmed the last couple of days. I guess before George got sick and passed i was never really exposed to disease and death. The last few days iv felt so surrounded by it People are just dying left and right from sicknesses to car accidents. My friend finding out her 6yo little boy having cancer was just the straw that broke the camels back. It's just not right. And when i hear of someone else it effects me deeply probably because my wound is still new and im moved with grief and sorrow for them. The other night i couldnt hear another word. I just broke down crying lifting my hands up to our Father- where our hope comes from. After putting the boys to bed i felt like i needed to run away to Him and I just spent hours at His feet, reading His word, singing to Him. Fear tries to come , things try to shake us, make us doubt God and His GOODNESS. I feel like im running my faith race against a tornado right now. I still believe in His promise of a long life- here on this earth- and my years filled with good things!!!! And i feel like that's trying to be stolen from me. Again, i dont know why all things happen but im not going to say something horrible was His will just because i dont have a better explanation. I know too, that we live in a fallen world but that does NOT nullify Gods word. And if in His word He says that we can have a long life filled with good things then regardless of living in this fallen world it must still be possible or He lied. And I know about the " if its His will" stuff. I dont even think thats a scripture is it? Jesus said if youve seen me, youve seen the Father and He always did the things He saw the Father doing. So how can we say "if its His will"? He's never shown us anything different. And why things happen with other people- even my husband-I cant let steal His words from my heart. 3 days after He lead the people out of bondage in egypt ( which is a picture of us being saved out of this world) He told them that He is the Lord that heals them. He could have picked alot of different things to share about Himself with them but thats what he chose to tell them- how beautiful is that! So i dont get it all but i have to believe in His word and His goodness and not what i see in this life. So ive been drowning myself with His word and what it says about His goodness. Here's a few
2 chronicles 5:13 He indeed is good for His lovingkindness is everlasting," then the house, the house of the LORD, was filled with a cloud,
ezra 3:11They sang, praising and giving thanks to the LORD, saying, "For He is good, for His lovingkindness is upon Israel forever.
ps 23:6 Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.
ps 25: good and upright is the Lord
ps 34:8 O taste and see that the Lord is good.How blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him
ps65:4 we will be satisfied with the goodness of Thy house
ps 73:1 surely God is good
ps For You, Lord, are good, and ready to forgive,And abundant in lovingkindness to all who call upon You.
ps 100:5 the LORD is good His lovingkindness is everlasting And His faithfulness to all generations.
ps 103 1Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name.Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies;Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's.
ps 107
p 118:1, 29
ps 119:68 You are good and do good
ps 145:79
micah Who is a God like unto thee, that pardoneth iniquity, and passeth over the transgression of the remnant of his heritage? he retaineth not his anger for ever, because he delighteth in lovingkindness.
lamentations 3:25
nahum 1:7 The Lord is good, A stronghold in the day of trouble and He knows those who take refuge in Him.
Jeremiah 9:23-24 23Thus says the LORD, "Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not a rich man boast of his riches; but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, that I am the LORD who exercises lovingkindness, justice and righteousness on earth; for I delight in these things," declares the LORD.
matt 7:9-11 "Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!
And the one im holding on to right now psalm 34:8:
I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD In the land of the living.

No comments:

Post a Comment