Sunday, May 9, 2010

Today was actually way better than expected. I had great fellowship with amazing friends and my boys swam and played to their hearts content. It was a great day. And to top it, I heard from God. I just love that our God speaks to us! About a week ago my mother in law and i were talking about the story of the widow and Elisha in 2 kings 4 Here is the story incase you dont know it. Now a certain woman of the wives of the sons of the prophets cried out to Elisha, "Your servant my husband is dead, and you know that your servant feared the LORD; and the creditor has come to take my two children to be his slaves."Elisha said to her, "What shall I do for you? Tell me, what do you have in the house?" And she said, "Your maidservant has nothing in the house except a jar of oil."Then he said, "Go, borrow vessels at large for yourself from all your neighbors, even empty vessels; do not get a few."And you shall go in and shut the door behind you and your sons, and pour out into all these vessels, and you shall set aside what is full."So she went from him and shut the door behind her and her sons; they were bringing the vessels to her and she poured. When the vessels were full, she said to her son, "Bring me another vessel." And he said to her, "There is not one vessel more." And the oil stopped. Then she came and told the man of God. And he said, "Go, sell the oil and pay your debt, and you and your sons can live on the rest." So my mother in law spoke a blessing over us that every time i had to spend God would keep filling for us just like He did for the widow. A couple of days after that i reading that story with Isaac as well as the other places where God provided for a widow. Then at Cottonwood this morning we had a guest speaker from Africa and what do you think he read? Yep! About the widow. I love how God repeats Himself to drive it home that it IS Him speaking, guiding, letting us know He is taking care of us. And I love how one sentence from God can speak volumes to our situation. As I was sitting there at the very end of the message i just heard Him speak into my heart; " And I will provide for YOU until you dont need it any longer." What can I say to that? What can I say of Him...His greatness, His great love for us- His children. psalm 84:2 My heart and my flesh sing for joy to the living God! Psalm 145 I will extol You, my God, O King, And I will bless Your name forever and ever. Every day I will bless You, And I will praise Your name forever and ever. Great is the LORD, and highly to be praised,And His greatness is unsearchable. One generation shall praise Your works to another,And shall declare Your mighty acts. On the glorious splendor of Your majesty And on Your wonderful works, I will meditate. Men shall speak of the power of Your awesome acts, And I will tell of Your greatness. And He IS great! And i hope whoever reads these posts is encouraged by His faithfulness towards me because He will be faithful to you as well. Trust Him!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had such a good Mother's Day and that God has spoken to you with such a powerful message. I'm sorry I missed that speaker this weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete